Marathon Madness!!!!!

February 27, 2008


One week from today I leave for the Moab 1/2 Marathon.....WHAT WAS I THINKING????!!!! I ran 10 miles last week on the wonderful hills of Mata Ortiz and actually felt pretty great. But I do have to admit that the closer it gets to the actual event the more anxiety I feel. Kelly says that I am already commited and can do nothing about it sooooooooooooo settle in. Easy for him to say don't ya think! One of the friends I am running with came up with the best phrase for our husbands/bystanders to wear on their t-shirts while we are running..."I am living my dream through my wife" Pretty good huh?! With the exception of some sore knees I am sure I will survive. The book Marathoning for Mortals has been a great guide for training, don't think I could have done it without the book!

5 comments :

Bethany said...

Shell-bell... I'm proud of you! I am sure you'll do so well. When are you guys coming to Mesa next? I miss you and love ya!

Kim Skinner said...

That's so great that you are doing that! We'll be rooting for ya!

Pedaling said...

shelley, that is so cool on the marathon! i seriously hate running; biking yes, running no! just another reason to be impressed with you all!
i'll tell ted that kelley stopped by his blog - he should surprise him, though and leave a comment- i know what he means about the guy thing, it took alot of prodding on my part to get ted to do the blog- i make them into books, so i convinced him he was doing it for the sake of journal keeping.
good luck on the marathon- go get em!

Juliepoolie said...

shelley - I got this blog address from bethany's blog....nice to find it and read about you guys...give me a call when you're in Mesa....it would be fun to see you again....take care. Julie

Gram said...

First let me identify my self before commenting. I am Sheila's mom and she told me you found her blog. I think that is so exciting after all these years. You two have a lot of "catching up" to do. Good Luck on the Moab Marathon! You bring back happy memories of you and your family in Mesa.

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |