"Beautiful Boy"

March 4, 2008


I always hesitate to recommend a book for many reasons....I have read books that have been raved about by others and haven't always found the same excitment..but then again other times I have. I think that when a book really impresses me it is because I am at a place that I need it or can related to it. Having said that Kelly picked up a book this past weekend while we were Albuquerque that he thought looked good, actually he thought my parents would like it. I began to read it and cannot put it down! It is called "Beautiful Boy" it is the story of a father's journey through his sons addiction to Meth. It is amazing! And something our family can relate to. It has taught me that we are not alone in this experience as a family as well as many other insights. Okay...here is the warning.....the language is not so good in a few parts. He repeats only conversations but nonetheless it isn't so great. So if you choose the read please consider this....it is a great book!

1 comment :

Pedaling said...

thank, i think i'd find it interesting too.
i'll be thinking about you as you are running and running today!

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |