Cupcakes!!

March 15, 2008



We're all friends here...right?!? Well today was a good day in my kitchen and I thought I would share why. Every Saturday I spend the day cooking, baking, preparing for Sunday. And while I cook I watch the Food Network. It is a bit of a ritual. The children and the Dad know that this is sacred time for the Mom. Anyway, I loved all my shows today, they were all great as usual. But one caught my undivided attention..a segment about cupcakes! Horray! I am having a little obsession with cupcakes lately, I have recently bought some beautiful books all about cupcakes. So this was extra fun today. My favorite recipe shown was, Tres Leches Coconut Cupcakes with Dulce De Leche Buttercream. Do you see what I mean???? Can't wait to try it. The best ever is the Barefoot Contessa's Coconut Cupcake recipe, it is amazing. Happy cupcakes!

3 comments :

Pedaling said...

now that is a cupcake recipe!!!
I know cupcakes are all the rage now, i have not made them since this has happened-
let me know how these turn out!
funny that your sacred time is in watching these cooking shows when mine is simple, extreamly mindless entertainment - beware of the person who interferes with my latest episode of Survivor!

Kim Skinner said...

I love that coconut cupcake recipe - it's been one of my favorites for the past couple of years. She now has it converted into cake format in her newest cookbook. So rich, so yummy!

Love cupcakes too! Have you seen the new Martha Stewart cupcake wrappers?

Rachelle Vernon Jones said...

i NEED to start a saturday mommy cookin day around here! great tradition. plus, then we won't have to eat corndogs for Sunday dinner. (ha ha, kind of.) me- relief society- sunday- 11:45 a.m.-whatarewegonnaeat! This blasted 9 am church schedule really makes ya plan ahead! Tomorrow I'll be cookin with ya!

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |