Grace and Dignity

June 1, 2009

DSC_0420_edited-2 (2)

My Grandma died this past weekend. She is in the center of the above picture.
Grandma O. has been living with Grandpa and Grandma S. (my parents) for the last
couple of years. They made her a special spot in their home that she could call her own.
A lovely little apartment, where her space was her own, but she was cared for
24/7. I think she loved living there, Grandma O. She was not only treated like a queen,
with her weekly hair appointment and her regular manicures.
She was surrounded by family who included her in their every activity, they loved
her too. She was surrounded by children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
Could it get any better for a Grandma??
She always loved a little something sweet...last summer I shared some apricot jam with
my parents and very quickly she decided that a apricot jam spread on literaly anything
you may be eating at the moment....was a very good thing;)
The true tribute is to my wonderful parents, who treated her with such respect, and dignity.
My parents cared for her better than she probably ever cared for herself.
I am amazed at the love that they showed to her, the hours of service they
gave to her. They both made sure that she was as comfortable as she could possibly be.
They are the picture of grace and dignity to me.
They have set the bar pretty high,
and I thank them for that. I am grateful for their amazing example of complete
and total charity.
We are blessed as a family to call them
Mother and Father
DSC_0467 (2)

9 comments :

JZM said...

Sorry to hear about your Grandma Shelley. She must have been a wonderful woman. Cheers to your parents for being so open and giving to take care of her. Our thoughts are with you.

Meredith said...

i'm sorry shelley. your parents are a great example in many many ways.

Kim Skinner said...

ditto. I couldn't have said it better,

LaNae said...

I'm so sorry about your Grandma. Your parents were always so great to everyone--what a wonderful example.

Me... said...

What a wonderful lady it sounds like your grandma was! I love that she was still getting "pampered". So sorry for your loss!

Cathy said...

What a great example they were to their family! At some point in our lives, we may all have the opportunity to be the care giver or the receiver! I'm sure it's a humbling experience to be either!
I'll bet it will be a beautiful funeral!

Pedaling said...

what a great example.

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

I'm so sorry about your grandma. It's hard to lose people we love, isn't it. You look exactly like your dad...amazing!

Unknown said...

You can seriously see the love of Christ in their eyes.

Beautiful people...hope to be as gracious.

Maybe I will start with some apricot jam. :)

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |