A Girl Can Dream....Can't She???

March 19, 2010

Ahhhh.....the bathtub......
We are getting ready to do a bathroom renovation/addition in the Master.
It might sound a little rough....but I have decided that want/NEED,
my own sanctuary. I NEED a great bathtub. Actually.....The Farmer agreed.
So, I have been looking for ideas, and these are a few that I found.
This first one I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!
The white is lovely, and a chandelier is a MUST!
This is my FAVORITE!
The tub is so dreamy! The room is so soothing...
I am not too sure about bathing right in front of a large window.....
Again....beautiful....

Love the tub.....again not too sure about the large window....
with no window coverings....
The Boy has been having some terrible back problems the last few days. The Dr.
suggested that he take epsom salt soaks in the tub....to which I said....
"seriously????, who has a tub that will hold this kid?"
Thanks to Aunt M. for lending her large tub.....it really helped;)
And to my dear friend Pedaling......
I would love your suggestions on how to best accomodate the TALL folks...





11 comments :

Pedaling said...

oh, yes - we have many home modifications - we do have a large tub as pictured and make sure if it's a Jacuzzi tub that it's the kind with the tiny holes that blow out not the knob things that can get mold and junk in them...our shower is tall with a rain head, which i do not like- and then a few other heads - all placed high and or adjustable- also, something REALLY nice that we LOVE is a steamer in the shower! teds vanity is higher than mine- all our doorways are tall- all ceilings- even in basement- tall- there is no ducking for the big guy in this house! also California king size bed -
now back to your bathrooms- i really like that first one- i love soft pinks- but that 2nd to last that is my fave- i really like those windows- you gotta do windows like those! i would love to have those windows- i'm saving that pic!- i would enclose the tub in tile, marble or granite, though- not freestanding and not in wood.

Rachelle Vernon Jones said...

last but not least! woohooo!

LaNae said...

How exciting to get to choose. I always think remoldeling will be so great and then we start and I'm always so excited to reach the end (if it ever really ends!)

Elder Romney's mission said...

My Tub is my sanctuary! And your house looks great I hadnt been back there in a while, but I saw it when I dropped Riley last week!

Me... said...

The bathroom in the second picture... that's my fav!!! Sounds like my hubby needs an epsom salt bath too. His back has been bothering him for a good while now (oh no, I'm thinking... here goes another Tony J back problem!)

The Farmer's Wife said...

Thanks Sheila for your suggestions...I knew you would have some great tips!

Jarmeg Family said...

so fun, can't wait to see what you do!

Cathy said...

The thing I missed THE MOST about being in Guadalajara is that we did not have a bathtub!! I absolutely love a long hot bath! I waited to get to the hotels on the weekends to enjoy a hot bath so I undestand the obsession with the bathroom! By the way... I have a tub big enough to hold The Boy! He's welcome any time! I SO AGREE with you about having a window right in front of the tub! I WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO RELAX!! What would the yardman think???? He wouldn't be able to eat his lunch!!! lol!

Jan T. said...

Oooh! Aaaah! Pictures 2 & 3 speak to me!:)

Chris said...

I love 'em all! I love the big windows! No one can see up that high into your bathroom, ha ha

Trisha said...

My whirlpool tub sits in front of a bay window. As long as you don't have "see through glass" or a yard man you'll be fine!!! I love the pictures. Can't wait to see the finished product!

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |