Happy Birthday To Him...And To Me...

April 13, 2014

20131229_141920
 
April 12 is always a special day for me. It is the day I became and Mother.
  It was also the day that I began a journey of a grieving Mother, whose heart was broken at the loss of a child.
  A journey that won't end in this lifetime.
 A journey that has led me through some beautiful and some very painful experiences.
 
Several years after that first April 12. Another April 12 arrived.
  On this day, a piece of my heart was healed with the birth of The Aggie Boy.
  What an incredible day it was for The Farmer and I.
 As we arrived at the hospital that April 12 morning, surrounded by family to support us.
 We couldn't wait to meet this Son we had so longed for, for so many years. When the moment arrived,
 and he was placed in The Farmer's arms, it seemed we had known him forever.
  Although life had been good before that day, it had been empty.
 But on that April 12, our life as a family really began.
Yesterday I called The Aggie Boy to wish him a Happy Birthday and tell him how very much I loved him.
 As he answered the phone I said..."Happy Birthday My Boy!!" To which he responded...
"Happy Birthday to you Mom!!" and he was right.
  The day he was born was also a day of birth for me. I became a Mother.
  How wise he was in that statement! He knows how we longed for children and how his
coming to the world was the answer to so many prayers. We have told him that his entire life.
We have also talked about his older sister. Whose plan wasn't the same as his, but how we feel her around
our family. And how grateful we are for her.
 He has felt her close throughout his life.
Oh how grateful we are for The Aggie Boy!
 
  20131229_142431
 
The Aggie Boy turned 21. Wow has the time passed quickly!
In honor of him, I thought I would share some of my favorite things about Our Aggie Boy.
*He is a great conversationalist. He can and will talk to anyone and everyone.
 This is one of my favorite traits of his. He and I have shared some wonderful talks.
*He LOVES to have fun. He isn't one to sit still.
  *He is very loyal to his family.
*He is fun to cook for...he eats everything! and is so appreciative.
*He was a great missionary, giving his all to his mission.
*He has a soft heart and a desire to help those around him.
*He loves animals and is great with them, especially horses.
Our home and yard have been filled with every animal possible throughout his life.
It is a beautiful thing to watch him ride.
*He isn't afraid of hard work.
*He loves Mexico! This culture is a part of his soul.
*He lives with great passion with all he does.
*He has a great sense of family.
 
What a great blessing The Aggie Boy has been to his parents and his family.  He led us
through many "first" as parents.  He taught us how to be parents.  He taught us
how to love as parents.  He has brought us so much joy!  I cannot wait to
see what the future hold with Our Aggie Boy...he will do great things...
I am sure of that!
Happy Birthday  to Our Aggie Boy!!!
I love you with all my heart, My Boy!!!

No comments :

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |