How We Miss Him....

January 9, 2009

Dec__07_-_Jan_08_038
He would be 8 years old today. He would have been baptized today.
Today we will celebrate the time that we had with our special boy, it was too short, but atleast we got to know him and love him for that little time.
Dec__07_-_Jan_08_037
Our cemetary is dry and dusty, but it is one of our favoite places to be.
We spend alot of time there.

Dec. 07 - Jan 08 032

Colton 1


SJN_1067
We often take hot chocolate and doughnuts, and just sit. Our extended family feels just like we do, and they very often are with us. It is always a time of rememberance, but it is
always filled with laughter, visiting, and exploring....it is a wonderful family time.
SJN_1068
We love this place so much....that we placed a bench, under a tree, on the edge of our family plot.
That bench has been used alot! It is the perfect place to just sit and think. It is
a very peaceful place.
SJN_1100
Our boy is burried a the foot of his grandfather...the exact place The Farmer chose for him.
We love him....We miss him....His absence is felt everyday...Not a day passes that we don't talk about him and thank Heavenly Father for him.
Happy Birthday to our Colton!

11 comments :

BarbaraJo said...

That was so sweet. My heart goes out to you.

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

Oh, how what a sweet way to remember him. I had no idea. My ♥ hugs your ♥.

Jan T. said...

Happy Birthday to Colton - he has an amazing family!

AS Amber said...

Wow. I saw this post from Mormon Mommy Blogs. It hit close to home for me just because I have a daughter your son's same age. I can't imagine the pain that comes from losing a child. No one should ever have to go through that. Gives you a little insight as to what our Father in Heaven when through.
I miss my baby when he's just in the backseat and we're on a long road trip.
My heart goes out to you! What a sweet post.

Pedaling said...

i remember the year this happened, though i didn't exactly know the details. when you sent out your christmas card later that year it was apparent a tragedy of some sort had taken place-it's been only recently that i have been able to put the pieces together. your family was hurting. many are strengthened by your strength and faith.

The Farmer's Wife said...

Thank you all for your sweet comments and thoughts! A very difficult experience for us....but one we wouldn't trade.

Kim Skinner said...

I'm so glad you posted this, we were thinking about you guys, especially this time of year. I love how you've honored him.

Cedar said...

Happy Birthday Colton! We love and miss you dearly!! How grateful I am for the knowledge of eternal families and that we can be with him again someday!! Love ya Shelley!

LaNae said...

What a difficult thing to endure--I had no idea. What a great tradition and sweet way to remember.

Me... said...

I'm in tears. I've got a lump in my throat. I can relate. I'm also so sorry for your loss 8 yrs. ago. I am, however, happy for your "gain"... your perfect son waiting for you on the other side. :-) Thanks for sharing. (I can't believe it's been 8 years!)

Unknown said...

I had no idea of your loss either...I guess that was long before the blogging craze.

Thanks for a reason to treasure my kids a little more today.

And, I am so glad that you know you WILL see him again.

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |