A Few Last Tastes Of Summer

October 8, 2008

Summer is winding up for us. The days are still warm but the nights and early mornings are very cool, actually cold. The leaves are falling from the trees and Fall is basically here.
We are enjoying the few last tastes of summer. The Radishes are from the garden, not only beautiful but tasty. This year I planted 18 tomato plants and they promptly died. Which has never happened to me before. So I again planted about 20 plants and I ended up with 3. But they have produced very well. Because of my garden ,along with generous neighbors, I filled many bottles with homemade tomato sauce. Yum!

The will be perfect for Tortilla Soup, spaghetti sauce, and homemade tomato soup! It has been a great year for bottling, and it feel good to have a fully pantry!

4 comments :

Rae said...

So beautiful!!! The colors are amazing!

Cedar said...

Is that a table cloth they are on? If it is, I have to have one of those!! You are amazingly talented and so ambitious! I love it.

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

Oh my word...love those tomatoes...not the radishes...you can have ALL OF MINE!

sandyseashells said...

Yummy. Looks great.

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |