Winter Lentil Soup

October 14, 2008

Perfect for a cool evening Fall dinner....and a great use of Lentils! This really is a great soup.
The Darlings loved it too!
Winter Lentil Soup
2 T. olive oil
2 lg. onions, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
3 carrots, chopped
3/4 t. marjoram
3/4 t. thyme
1 (28oz.) canned tomatoes with juice
7 c. chicken broth
1 1/2 c. lentils, cleaned and rinsed
1/2 t. salt
6 oz. white wine vinegar
2 T. parsley
cheese, for garnish
Sautee onion, garlic, carrots and spices for 5 minutes. Add tomatoes with juice, broth and lentils. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer for 1 hour. Add remaining ingredients and top with a little cheese, cheddar is great. Serve with some chrunchy bread and enjoy!

2 comments :

Rae said...

This soup looks so yummy. But I must admit, I'm not sure if I like lentils. Maybe I'd better make it and give it a try!!

Prudy said...

That's the first lentil soup that I've seen that is really gorgeous! I make lentil soup, but mine is not pretty at all. NOt one bit. I'm definitely making yours. I loved seeing the football pics with the temple in the background. I'm LDS also!

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |