A Trip Into Mexico - Part III

June 6, 2008

Out on the open road, that is where you will be for a bit of time. I really wasn't kidding about the satelite radio! I think that the scenery is beaufitul, I have come to love it and have found myself really enjoying a seasonal change, which usually is marked by the colors green or brown:) It is begining to get green right now after a long brown winter, it makes me happy. You won't see too many sights, but the ones you will see will be interesting.


The area is rural and so the road signs will reflect that. Watch out for a well intending farmer either crossing the highway or just putting down the highway. And I do mean putting. Usually a long line of cars and trucks follow waiting for the right moment to pass on our narrow roads. New tractors are not often seen, mostly old well worn, much appreciated and very depended upon tractors are common.



You will also want to watch for the cattle crossing signs. Trust me...They are there for a reason!
Remember....you are in a rural area. I have not had such an awakening to this as I did this past week as we traveled to the beach...oh the things we saw on the "highway" and I do live here...I didn't think anything would suprise me, but I was suprised. It was fun! Anyway, often my trips begin early in the morning and this is one of my favorite sights (below). Every morning and every evening this little herd of goats and cows is carefully led, across the highway, to a pasture where they spend the day. It is about the same time each day, and traffic comes to a complete stop in order for the herd to cross. It is one of my favorite things to watch.





I really do love this event. It is a seemingly simple experience to watch, but to the cowboys following close behind it is their life. The herd represents their work, thier little piece of the world. It represents their hopes and dreams and yet it is so simple....to me. It is a lovely sight.

You have arrived! You made it, See it really wasn't that bad....was it??? A trip into Mexico is an adventure but a fun one. You will see things you have never seen before, good things, simple things, things that I think have been forgotten about in other parts of the world. And if you are like me, you will love every minute of your journey. Bienvenidos! Welcome....Mi Casa Es Su Casa!


No comments :

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |