uP To oUR eYEbALLs In APriCoTS!

June 21, 2008

Just like everyone else in town! But I am loving it! I made 32 pints of jam yesterday and it is beautiful! Pretty tasty too! We planted 2 acres of APRICOTS a couple of years ago and this is the first year that we actually harvested enough to do anything with. We ate all we could...and that was alot...and froze some and made some yummy jam!
I finished up this morning, washing the bottles and threw a batch of CHERRY jam in too. That really is good too! The jars are so pretty, I think I will leave them out for a couple of days so The Farmer and the Darlings can admire, hopefully as they pass the jam they will oooooooooo and ahhhhhhhh...hehe...that would make me happy!Yummy! Fresh bread and jam, it just doesn't get better than that!

6 comments :

Rae said...

Wow! You are my hero. I want to come and live with you for 30 days and have you teach me all that you know. What do you say?

Rae said...

Sorry, it's me again! While you were on vacation I passed the "You Make My Day" award on to you. I wanted to let you know in case you missed it. You are living the life I never knew I wanted until I found your blog!

Pedaling said...

ooh, that sounds so good-
i love apricots and fresh jam and homemade bread and the combination of it all just sounds heavenly!

Dewi said...

Hi,
I found your blog when visiting Susie's Homemaker. Nice looking blog and your kids are adorable!

Apricot jam, apricot syrup and apricot anything... I love them all.

Btw, I notice your comment and question when you're visiting Susie's about join in mykitchenmyworld. I think it's a fantastic idea and I would encourage you to join in and spread the words. Cheers!

Unknown said...

Seriously, I think that a slice of fresh homemade bread with homemade jam and a glass of milk is the most heavenly little snack ever!

I am so proud of you with all that growing and canning. The orange is probably so beautiful.

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

You're making me hungry!

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |