A Beautiful Memorial

April 17, 2008


Yesterday the high school that Jordan attends, held a wonderful memorial assembly for the young lady that died in the car accident Jordan was involved in. The students sang and prayed and watched a very special slide presentation about Alexis. The director of the school is also our Area Seventy, and he gave the most beautiful talk about death and resurrection. The family of Alexis were there and were very touched by the outpouring of love from the students. It was inspiring. Jordan has not wanted to go back to school, so Kelly and I took him to the assembly so that he could come home after. I was so touched to see how his friends welcomed him with hugs tears and words of encouragment. He decided to return back today, I have had a prayer in my heart all day for him and the other kids that have been so affected by this accident. How amazing is it for our kids to attend a church school where the Gospel is understood, taught and lived.

4 comments :

Pedaling said...

i'm sure he will do well- it's always good to keep busy and get back in the groove. he'll be ok.

Unknown said...

My prayers still go out for Jordan and all the kids and families affected.

Oh, how nice it would be to have my kids go to a church school..they are 2 of the three only lds kids in their whole school.

Hope you have a great time away...Every woman needs time to revive.

Pedaling said...

k- the spilling my gutts story is back up- under the dancers. go to town.

DaMomma said...

Shelley...I am so sorry to hear about the death of Jordon's friend! That is so sad! Jordon sure sounds like a strong and good boy! Prayers for him to heal...I know he will. **hugs**

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |