A Sureal Experience

April 29, 2008


Every once in awhile I have this experience. Isn't too often, but often enough. I have a very clear reality check....I LIVE IN MEXICO! You know the country South of the United States? How exactly did I get here? And tell me again...why did I come here (aside from the fact that the sweetest man I know is from here, and loves it with all his heart) Anyway, I had the experience again yesterday. I needed to make a quick trip to El Paso (3 hours away) to pick up some essential items not found here. The trip requires crossing a border into the US and also when returning to Mexico. That alone is a unique experinece, but has become normal to us. So I am returning home and am driving on the Mexican highway when I noticed a mile marker that simply said "Mexico 6" that was it. For some reason it really hit me at that moment where I live. Funny how something so simple struck me so hard. That little sign provoked alot of thought on that 3 hour drive. Once I returned home, Jord had been riding his horse and was ready to return him to the pasture where he stays. He started walking down our street leading the horse while I went ahead of him in the truck to give him a ride back home. I had a moment to sit and watch him walk down the street, in my rear view mirror, leading the horse, with the lighting of the day just perfect. There was so much joy in his face, it was a beautiful picture, one that is engraved on my mind and heart. In those moments I remember why we have chosen this unconventional but very satisfying life.

6 comments :

Pedaling said...

if only you would have had a camera- i can just see the image you described.
by the way are you close to a beach- i would think that if one lives in mexico, they darn well better live near a beach.

The Farmer's Wife said...

Sheila...no beaches close by. We are going to take the kids to Mazatalan in June, should be great!

Me said...

May your heart be warm for a very long time with visions as lovely as this

Jan T. said...

I miss Mexico for that very reason....my kids love it there! Wish we could have the best of both worlds!
Jan

Jan T. said...

Okay, I'm feeling like a blog stalker. Tell Jordan that Carson is sooo in awe of his blackbelt in taekwando. He has me pull that picture of him and Rylie up all the time (sometimes several times a day):) I need to just print it off for him. Carson's a karate enthusiast and can't think of anything more rewarding in life then a blackbelt!:)

Unknown said...

It's those small little moments that Elder Ballard told us to cherish...they seem so much better and forever to be remembered when they are recorded...see, a blog is a great thing.

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |