Back To School

August 18, 2008

Today marks the begining of the school year. I greet it with mixed feelings, it just seems that summer wasn't quite long enough. Back in the day, summer seemed longer. We had a great summer, but a few more weeks of vacation would have been okay with me. We are back on our schedules, back to football practice, back to sack lunches and back to homework...ugh! What would school lunches be with out some yummy homemade chocolate chip cookies, and so late last night I got to work, so that The Darlings could have a little taste of home while they are away all day.

8 comments :

Rae said...

What a fabulous treat from a fabulous mama!

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

Recipe please! They look yummy!

Jan T. said...

You think of everything! Those are some lucky kids you have!:)

Me... said...

You are my mommy icon! The cookies look delishhhhhh! I'm glad you were able to see Jack's stone. I have had a few cries when I see it too; however, it has helped to comfort my heart.

Toni Call said...

I remember the back to school days very well! Waking up at 5:30am so i could ride the orquestra bus at 6:40 every single day. wow. i don't miss that at all! I do miss going to all the football games, though!

Jarmeg Family said...

I too have mixed feelings, summer too short, but schedule needed. Your cookies look delish!

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

This is such a sweet post. I agree, the summer was too short!

Kara& Bert said...

Maybe I would be ok if I had those cookies ha ha. It is almost a week later since they started and I am still on the verge of tears. I really don't know whats the matter with me I really don't like school.

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |