Sunday Thoughts

August 10, 2008

Certainty In Uncertain Times
A wonderful talk given in Sacrament Meeting today, something I really needed to hear. Our community is suffering with much uncertianty at the moment...as are many others in the world. But we were told today that if we will "Stand In Holy Places" such as the temple, or churches or even our homes...we will be blessed and protected. Also that we have every reason to be full of hope. That we should not be pessimistic but seeking the good in all things. We should not be full of fear but full or faith that the Lord is mindful of us and our lives. The meeting closed with the choir singing "Faith in Every Footstep," an inspired ending to a wonderful meeting.

4 comments :

Jan T. said...

Great words of wisdom! I find myself worrying so much about our changing world. I want everyone I love to be safe and protected from whatever perils the future holds! Faith is definitely the key! Thank goodness for a latter-day prophet to look to as well! Thanks for the reminder!

Rachelle Vernon Jones said...

those powerful and inspiring words were given us by revered, respected and loved leader of our community- (he also goes by farmer.) i think it is amazing that although you spend every day with him he can still inspire and motivate (even you!) from the pulpit. p.s. i would love a copy. that i may or may not forward to the ensign. it was so good! love r2

Rae said...

Wow! What a fabulous sounding sacrament meeting! I, for one am in Jan's boat. As school time approaches I'm filled with excitement as well as apprehension. I have a hard time loosing my mama control and entrusting my girls to other people. Sigh....I hate feeling worried! I will be clinging to these insightful words!

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

How awesome. I love the picture and love that talk too. How inspiring. Thanks for the reminder!

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |