I Love Chicago!

August 22, 2008

And this is why....
Great Broadway shows and plays, like...Looking Glass Alice. We saw this last night and it was so fun! Very well done and just a great time! There are always lots of shows playing here and lots of wonderful Jazz music to enjoy. After the show we had dinner while listening to some local Jazz...a great evening.
The shopping is amazing! Can't say I bought too much...BUT...a good part of the fun is seeing shops that you wouldn't normally see and enjoy. Secretly, my favorite store here is the American Girl store;) Now that is a fun place!The landscaping all along Michigan Ave. is beautiful! Hanging baskets full of flowers, everything perfectly manicured. There are always interesting art exhibits mixed into the landscape which make it interesting and fun. This time it was mannequins dressed in all different items that can be recycled. Really great and creative!
I walked, and walked all in my new favorite shoes...that I borrowed from PreShie...but am not sure I will give back! Love the red Converse tennies.

Another favorite activity that we discovered a few years ago...Tea at the Drake Hotel. The Farmer is sure a good sport! He's game for almost anything. We head home tomorrow...it has been a wonderful trip...I love that we have a reason to return each year.

2 comments :

Rachelle Vernon Jones said...

looks like so much fun! you look super cute in those red converse. and tell me this, would he be game for Oprah? cause if so, next year you should plan to go for sure!

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

OH how fun it all looks. Now I want to go! :-) So glad you had a good time. Do tell us what you bought...do a show and tell. I would love it! :-)

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |