Fall Garden Ideas

August 13, 2008

Because this is what I am in the middle of...I thought I would share some ideas for Fall gardening. We cleaned out a section of the garden yesterday, removing plants that have done their job! We still have alot of plants that are producing so those will stay until they are done. In our Fall garden we will plant spinach (above),
This yummy and oh so good for you, vegetable,
Garlic...a must for most all of my cooking,
Beets, carrots, chard and some great lettuce mix. YUMMY!
And do not forget about marigolds...they are an excellent helper in keeping bugs away. Also Mexico celebrates "Memorial Day" which we call Dia De Los Muertos, in November, and these marigolds will be ready for that day of rememberance. Many people in our area grow flowers especially for this day. What do you grow in your Fall garden...and do you have any special tips to make the garden extra special???? I would love to hear your suggestions

5 comments :

BAS said...

Your gardening is impressive. At least Dad can be proud of you. The rest of have not lived up to his good example of gardening. Do you have perfectly straight furrows like he used to?

Rae said...

Wow! Definitely impressive. I have absolutely NO fall gardening tips for you! I've never planted anything during the fall time except for perennials. I wonder if my temperature/weather would permit a fall garden. Hmm.....

Pedaling said...

ok those veggies look beautiful.
great job and guess what?!

YOU WON my little contest!!!
e-mail to me your address! (do you ever go to best buy?, is ther one around your neck of the woods?, i hope so)

Spin said...

you are making me very hungry.
and congrats on being sheilas contest winner!!!

Marilyn said...

Hello-I can't remember how I stumbled upon your blog but I love it-I love to garden too and we are trying to get geared up for the fall gardens but it is so dang hot here in AZ that it is hard to get motivated..I am hoping to plant some pumpkin seeds this month for my grandkids to have some pumpkins for Halloween. (my husband went on his mission to SE Mexico YEARS ago and I am in the long process of learning Spanish so we can go together as soon as all the kids are gone)

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |