Remembering Grandpa Max

September 17, 2008

The 15th of September,. was the day that The Farmer's father passed away, 14 years ago. His death was not expected, it came very suddenly. He was a man who loved and lived life with passion. He was full of energy and loved to work. His favorite place was the ranch and he often took friends or family with him. He especially loved his grandchildren.
He found so much joy in them and loved to have them around. Most of his young grandchildren have never even met him, but they love him as if they had known him well. I am sure that he is around them, watching and encouraging them. We love our little cemetary, I suppose it is because so many people we love are there. We find opportunities to be there to celebrate life. Monday was one of those days. With hot chocolate and doughnuts, and lots of laughter, we celebrated the life of this man that we all loved so much!
The Farmer...enjoying our family bench...at the edge of our family plot.
After our visit to the cemetary...and the pumpkin patch...we(and the cousins) visited the lake to see how full it was. We have had soooo much rain this year and that makes for a full lake. A full lake is a beautiful site in a farming community!

10 comments :

Jen said...

Shell,
It was fun do read all the fun and special events happening in your family life. Nate will be coveting the bottels of chillie you canned. It is inspiring to read about all of the great food you have been cooking. I hope, some day,I will find as much joy in cooking. If you have some advice for me let me know. Lots of Love! Jen
P.S Still hoping to plan a trip with everyone. HE!HE!

Jen said...

Shell,
It was so neat to read about all the fun and special events happening in your family's life. Nate will be coveting the bottels of chillie you canned. It is inspiring to read about all of the great food you have been cooking. I hope, some day,I will find as much joy in cooking. If you have some advice for me let me know. Lots of Love! Jen
P.S Still hoping to plan a trip with everyone. HE!HE!

Pedaling said...

i just love that picture of you and the farmer...i just sat there and looked at it for a few moments...very sweet.
great to remember and celebrate our family, like that. I know grandpa max is proud of you and his posterity.

Jarmeg Family said...

i wish i could've met uncle max, he sounds like such a wonderful man. Way to go jordan- i didn't know he was on the football team, when did he grow up??

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

Grandpa Max sounded like such a nice man. It was so nice of you all to remember him and honor him that way.
The picture of you and the farmer is priceless. Just a thing of beauty.
Thanks for sharing this neat story.

BAS said...

I have to say the lower ratio of posts related to cupcakes and aprons has been a real improvement!

I remember Max as a true gentleman. In my limited interaction with him he was always so kind. The Farmer shares his ability to make those to whom he spoke feel very important.

He loved jerky. It was hilarious when after your wedding, on the steps of the temple, he brought out a bag of his homemade jerky and started passing it around. Priceless.

The Farmer's Wife said...

My Darling Brother Ben...you left me a comment...THANKS! Hey ...I heard you celebrated my birthday for me...without me...;) Thanks for the message, I wish I could have been with you all, my brothers are some of my most favorite men! Love you Ben!

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

What a lovely tribute, FW. I love the picture of you and the farmer, too.

Rachelle Vernon Jones said...

that pic i think is my fave. it shows the sweet relationship you two have! i think he's enjoying more than the bench. a sweet nothing!

next year we'll be there with you. but we were thinking of all of you!

wendy says max would just love mady right now- in her 'mischevous' streak.

Me... said...

I thought about Tio Max a lot on the anniversary of his death. I remember the day like it was just yesterday, which brings back that "sting". I wrote more about my thoughts on Rachelle's post about Uncle Max, so go read my thoughts there. :-)

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |