My Version Of Scout Camp...

July 17, 2008

This is where The Farmer is....
He is with these fine young men...
This is where I am.....
Looking at this from the window of my room...
Eating some incredible food....
Checking out some darling shops...
Reading some great books.....
Running in the beautiful mountains....
oops....did I mention that the hotel is haunted???
I love this town...I think I said that about 20 times yesterday.
THIS IS WHAT I CALL SCOUT CAMP!!
The scout camp where The Farmer and the boys are, is fairly close to where I am staying. So this morning I set out on a run/hike to meet the men at camp. Five miles or so later, I was loving my run/hike, but had not come upon the camp. I returned to the hotel. I will try again tomorrow:) The mountains are incredibly beautiful, it has been raining in the afternoons. Today there was thunder and lightening. It made me feel sorry for the scouts...for a minute...actually it was The Farmer I was feeling bad for. Scouts like that kind of stuff...right? I thought I would get some great pictures today, but because of the rain it didn't work out. Hopefully tomorrow.

3 comments :

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

Oh I love your version of camping. Sounds like my kind of CAMP! LOL
And the men in the picture... would that be what the farmer looks like in his whites! LOL

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

It is so, so beautiful out there, isn't it? When I went up to meet the boys there, I was blown away by the pine tree smell. It made me just want to get up and build a log cabin!

Bobbi said...

I wish I had thought of that! After 8 years of Scout Camp and getting left home with the girls, I should have thought of it myself! We stayed at the hotel before. It is great! We loved it.

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |