Steady And Sure

July 1, 2008

We spent a few days in Mesa this past week, it was great to re-connect with family while The Farmer was off on a business trip. I always love a trip to Mesa, I guess because it is home to me. We had fun shopping and partying with the family. It was great! On the way home we dropped off The Boy at Especially For Youth, something he has never done before.
He seemed excited for the experience but it was sad for the Mom to leave him behind. The Farmer says that the Mom is very co-dependent with the Darlings...is that a bad thing?? I am sure he will have a great time and make a lot of great friends. Aunt Beth helped him get his "wardrobe" in order, which I might add, was a pretty funny experience. Thanks to Aunt Beth, he won't look like he just stepped off the farm:)
I love the theme this year "Steady and Sure." And I am really grateful that there are things like this that help to strengthen the youth of today...they face so many challenges. I hope that he will come home a little more prepared to face whatever he may encounter. I am sure he will.

10 comments :

Toni Call said...

Oh Jordan is going to love EFY. I went 4 years in a row back in the day because i loved it so much! He will have some awesome experiences.

Rachelle Vernon Jones said...

that is too hilarious. just stepped off the farm. fun for jord! ooo, like he needs any help attracting the ladies, good night! so are you back?

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

That is a great picture of the boy. Isn't EFY the best? i hope he had a great time. Next time I hope all your people and Conor can go together! That would be so fun. i just never remember to register until, like May! I'll have to do better next time!

Bethany said...

Oh dear! I hope I didn't scar poor buddy for life. I'm talking about picking out clothes...not picking his face! haha

I'm sad I didn't get to say goodbye, but I am so glad you came for a visit! I sure love you!!

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

My kids have been going for YEARS and YEARS! I am sure he will LOVE IT! AND I am sure the girls will LOVE HIM TOO! :-)
Wardrobe...essential! Glad the aunt was around!

Pedaling said...

he's such a cutie and 2 of my kids just got back from efy they loved it, he will too.

Jarmeg Family said...

Your home! Jordan will have a great time! I went not knowing anyone and came back with some great friends and experiences.

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

Hi FW! I know this is the second comment on the same post, but I just wanted to tell you how much I enjoy your blog. Plus, I myself, have made some really fun connections with the people you have linked to your site, like The Purple Diva. She is awesome, and so are you! By the way, I'm glad you're back in town. Even though I hardly ever see you, I just like it when people arrive home safely! Have a great day!

Spin said...

he has no idea what a great time he will have. tonight my daughter is at the airport picking up a friend from back east that she met at EFY last year. fun!!

Jan T. said...

Love EFY! I worked there for years after Brad & I were married! I loved it when we'd all get together to choose the theme for the year...so much thought and prayer went into it. They really try to focus on what the youth need & there is mucho inspiration involved. I think the theme this year is PERFECT! Thanks for posting it...hadn't heard what it was! I miss EFY!:)

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |