A Tribute To Our Ivory

July 22, 2008

I mentioned that last week was a very difficult week for PreShie...Our Mama Dog died on Thursday morning, and PreShie was the one that got the call from our Vet. I happened to be on the phone with her when the Vet. called and shared alot of tears with her over the phone. She was the only one home, other than the sweet lady that helps in our house, and it nearly broke her heart. We have had Ivory, the Mama Dog, for several years. She was loyal, and very protective of the Darlings. She exercised with me every morning for many years and was a great companion. Our house is quiet and sad with out her...We still have our Daddy Dog, Boss, but even he seems lost with her.
The Darlings are doing a wonderful job caring for the puppies. Every three hours they make sure that they are eating. The Boy takes the night shift and Rooster and PreShie take the day shifts. The puppies are growing and getting fat. The Mamma Dog that has adopted them is really doing an amazing job. The Vet. checked them out yesterday and said that they look great. PreShie came home they other day and said that The Farmer's Mother told her that the Prophet Joseph Smith said that the animals that we loved on earth would be with us in heaven...PreShie is banking on that!

13 comments :

Pedaling said...

oh, that's so sad. she's such a beautiful dog. so sorry to hear this news.
are you all going to hold on to one of the pups?

The Farmer's Wife said...

We will be keeping a female pup....I think it is going to be really hard to let any of them go:(

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

oh, I am so sorry. how sad. :-(
I am glad to hear you are going to keep one...and I bet it will be hard to get rid of the others.
Yes, I do believe our animals with be us in the next life...we are banking on that too!

Katie said...

I am sorry about your dog - that is so very sad. It is nice that you have the puppies though, to remember her. They are adorable.

Jan T. said...

That puppy is the cutest little guy EVER! I hope he helps ease the pain of losing Ivory! Just looking at that cute little face makes everything wrong in the world seem better!:)

Rach =o) said...

OMG HOW FUN IS THIS! It is a small world and I LOVE IT! How the heck are ya? How is your fam? Mom, Dad, siblings? Of course I remember you. I remember all of you!

Rach =o) said...

BTW Ann's blog is in the building phase ;o) Ok if I link you?

Toni Call said...

That is so sad she died. It's so sad to lose a pet! I've lost a few of them throughout the years and it always breaks my heart. You get so attached to your animals! Those little puppies are adorable.

Rachelle Vernon Jones said...

that's just heartbreaking. i'm so sorry! i can't believe preshie woke up every 3 hrs in the night to feed the puppies!

Jarmeg Family said...

Sooooo sad.. I am sorry I didn't know she died, she was a sweet dog. The puppies are so so cute.

Spin said...

I am sorry to hear this - hope everyone makes it through. I think she is banking on a safe thing.

Cambria said...

that brings tears to my eyes, sweet little mama, sweet little pups. Can we come hold the little balls of fluff?

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

That almost made me cry, FW. I'm so sorry that happened. I'm even sorrier for PreShie. And how hard to have to be the one to answer that call. Well, as the Lord told Joseph Smith, all of our trials will be for our good and experience. I know that with her wonderful family's support, she will become a better person.

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |