The River Came Down...And The Farmer Got Stuck!

July 15, 2008

It has been raining for several days now. Not just a little rain, but serious thunderstorms every evening. It is beautiful....and we need the rain....BUT....the mud....oh the mud! Yesterday the river came down. Our river doesn't run year round, so when the rainy season starts it begins to flow. It came down with a bang. It has flooded many areas...one being the property where were will be building our home. The backside of that property is attached to the river, which I might add makes it beautiful and provides a great place to cook out.
This is where I exercise most every morning(along the banks of the river)...when it is not raining...and when it is empty there is a 10 foot drop from where this picture is taken to the bottom of the river.
This is The Farmer's truck...he is stuck. Notice the tractor behind him ready to pull him out. He went to the neighbor's farm to check out their flooding and OOPS! It was a little more wet than he thought. I was on our property checking out our flooding and was happy to take pictures to document the moment! *Another tractor got stuck trying to get The Farmer out* He came home wet and muddy and thought my kitchen floor would be a great place to start removing the muddy clothing....hummmm
This is where the actual break in the border happened at our neighbors farm. Their entire farm is under water. You can see how the river has swelled, remember there usually isn't water in the river. Notice the trees in the river, they are huge cottonwood trees. The flooding has drawn quite a crowd.

1 comment :

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

I just now saw this post. I guess I didn't scroll down far enough when I was looking at your tag! Anyway, that rain is amazing! I'm so sad I'm not home right now to get to be a part of it all! How did you take those aerial pictures? Those are amazing!

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |